My Blog List

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rosemary an Interesting Herb







I enjoy learning about herbs and their natural properties. Its funny that there are soo many natural products to cure common, everyday ailments. So lately, I've been researching rosemary. I have purchased rosemary in the past to supplement hot oil treatments or as a hair rinse, but today I decided to make my own rosemary oil. Rosemary is often used to increase hair growth. It is also antibacterial and antifungal. So it helps relieve dandruff. So I purchased a package of rosemary from my local grocery store. I've heard that fresh rosemary is actually more potent, but dried rosemary is also effective (but not quite at the same level). I decided to make rosemary oil by plucking the leaves off, and placing the leaves in olive oil for four weeks. I know that this is the long, drawn out method, but unfortunately I do not have glass pots and pans to boil the oil (only metal pans & the metal would actually seep into the oil). Maybe I need to change my pots and pans. For the final step, I will place the containers of rosmeary and oil in a sunny window.







No comments:

Post a Comment